Participation in the 8th edition of the Festival Images et Montagnes
Last Saturday in Saint Martin Vésubie, in the Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur (PACA) region, France, the Human – Wildlife Initiative organized a conference in order to present the activities carried out in the field.
Members from the Steering Committee of the Initiative were present :
- Doctor Véronique Luddeni, representing the National Council for Nature Protection
- Daniel Siméon, representing Hunting Federation of the 06
- Myriam Aarras and Philippe Mondielli, representing the Foundation Prince Albert II of Monaco
During two panels, project leaders of the Initiative presented their actions and explained how they promote cohabitation between human activities and wildlife.
The first panel, more focused on avifauna, welcomed :
- Hélène Bovalis from the Association PACA pour Demain ;
- Florent Adamo – photographer and video maker ;
- Elsa Huet-Alegre from the League for the Protection of Birds PACA ;
- Mathilde Delaup – student at the University of Oviedo in Spain ;
The second panel, more focused on the wolf, welcomed :
- Gilles Cheylan from the French Society for the Study and Protection of Mammals ;
- Jeannine Blondel from the Association France Nature Environnement PACA ;
- Julien Baudat-Franceschi from the Luberon Regional Natural Park ;
- Jacques Yves Enault from the Academic Delegation for Artistic Education and Cultural Action ;
- Rémy Masséglia - Naturalist and film maker ;
- Romain Lacoste from the Mercantour National Park
The panels were punctuated by time for discussion and exchange with the audience.
The conference was followed by the presentation of the novel called “Nés de la nuit” by its author Caroline Audibert. This novel about the wolf was performed by two students from the theater club of the Albert 1er of Monaco high school.
In the afternoon, a filed visit, organized by Mirjam Neu, took place along the canals of Saint Martin Vésubie on the theme of water resources and the issue of the cohabitation with wildlife